Glenna M. Roberts
J.D. 1987 Case Western Reserve University School of Law
A.B. 1984 (cum laude) Xavier University
Glenna has spent her entire professional career in the insurance and subrogation industry.
She has the unique perspective of having both claims and subrogation experience from the insurer and law firm side of the industry. Early in her legal career Glenna worked at the Hartford Insurance Company overseeing large losses and litigated matters (both auto and property) in Ohio.
Glenna's trial preparation skills and attention to detail have resulted in client satisfaction and a history of subrogation recoveries on both property and auto assignments. Her trial accomplishments are impressive, with large recoveries on coverage disputes, construction cases, electrical fires (deviations from the NEC), water suppression systems, bond claims and host of auto cases. Insurers often engage Glenna on complex coverage issues. She has successfully argued subrogtion coverage and insurance policy issues at the appellate level. In 2000, she was co-counsel representing NASP in the Ohio Supreme Court.on the organization's first ever amicus filing.
Glenna has the distinction of litigating cases in every county in the state of Ohio.
She is the recipient of multiple subrogation industry awards, including the NASP Board Member of the Year Award, and the Business Leader of the Year Award from her community. Glenna has chaired various committees and conferences of NASP, most recently serving as the Conference Chairman for the NASP Litigation Skills Conference on Construction Defects.
Glenna has also been a guest speaker at multiple conferences on such topics as ethics, proving damages, bond claims, construction defects and fire losses, changes to Ohio subrogation law and other subrogation issues.
- Past Board of Directors and Member of Executive Committee, National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- Past Director, All Regions; National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- Conference Chairman - NASP Litigation Skills - Subrogating Construction Defects (2017)
- Regional Director, Midwest Region, NASP (2003 – 2010)
- Track Leader, NASP Annual Convention (2010 – 2011)
- Prior to entering private practice, worked at Hartford Insurance Company overseeing large losses and litigated matters.
Honors, Awards & Presentations
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals Board Member of the Year Award
- "Spot the Tortfeasor," - Parental liability portion of presentation, NASP Annual Conference - Reno, Nevada (2016)
- Presenter, "Scene Investigations - An Overview of Safety Concerns and Issues (co-presenter) NASP Ohio Chapter - Columbus, Ohio (2013)
- Speaker, “Ethical Considerations: Not Just an Illusion.” NASP Conference, Orlando, Fla. (2011)
- Presenter, “Subro Mock Trial.” Served as the Judge overseeing the auto track mock trial held at the NASP Annual Conference, Grapevine, Texas (2010) & NASP Annual Conference, Austi, Texas (2017)
- Presenter, "Subro Mock Auto Trial," NASP Regional Chapter (Westfield, Ohio)
- Speaker, "Legal Liability and Considerations for Fire Departments and EMS," Seville-Guilford Fire & EMS (Seville, Ohio)
- Speaker, “Proving Damages.” Litigation Skills Conference, Tuscon, Arizona (2010)
- NASP Midwest Region Appreciation Award (2010)
- Speaker, “Ethical Dilemmas in Auto Litigation.” NASP Conference, Hollywood, Florida (2008)
- Chamber of Commerce Business Leader of the Year, Seville, Ohio (2008)
- Speaker, “Ethical Considerations in Litigation.” NASP Conference, New Orleans, LA (2007)
- Woman of the Year Award, Medina County DWC (2006)
- Production and role in video on parental liability and landlord tenant section, “Subrogation off the Beaten Path.” NASP Conference, Tampa, Florida (2002)
- Production and role in the video “Subrogation Challenges.” NASP Conference, Tampa, Fla. (2001)
- Co-counsel in preparing Amicus Curiae Brief on behalf of NASP before the Ohio Supreme Court, Rick Holeton, et al. v. Crouse Cartage, et al. (2000)
- Speaker, “Handling Bond Claims.” NASP Conference, Orlando, Florida (2000)
- At the inaugural NASP Conference, helped to write, produce and play the part of “Sally the Subrogation Adjuster” in the first ever NASP Educational conference video. (1999)
- Participant and attendee, preliminary planning meeting for NASP. Scottsdale, Arizona (1998)
- "Litigation Skills Construction Defects Wrap Up." (2017)
- "Local Subrogation Education Coming Your Way" (Subrogator Magazine)
- “Ohio Appellate Court Recognizes Recovery of Residual Diminution in Value” (Subrogator Magazine)
- “Minimizing the Risk of Reimbursement Disputes on Medical Pay Claims” (Subrogator Magazine)
- “Ohio Tort Reform & Its Impact on Property Subrogation Claims,” Co-Author (Subrogator Magazine)
- “Ethical Dilemmas in Auto Litigation” (Subrogator Magazine)
- Two children
- Enjoys NCAA basketball (Go Xavier!) and baseball